Coriander Spiced Red LentilsYondu and ghee create a rich savory flavor for a comforting winter dish.
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups diced potatoes (10oz)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced red chili
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes (no salt added)
- 3 tablespoons Yondu
1. In a medium pot over medium-high heat, sauté ghee, onions and potatoes until onions are translucent, 5 minutes.
2. Add ginger, chili and coriander; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 minute.
3. Add lentils, tomatoes and 4 cups of water; stir to make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Stir in Yondu.
Serve over steamed rice.
Garnish with cilantro, chilis or toasted coconut.
Use olive oil instead of ghee for a lighter flavor.