Zucchini, Tomato & Ricotta PieA show-stopping, easy-as-pie main that's savory and full of flavor!
- 1 zucchini (approx. 250g), sliced
- 5 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 9 oz. ricotta cheese or vegan ricotta
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Yondu Vegetable Umami
- 2 pie crusts (store bought or homemade, thawed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 ºF.
2. In a large bowl combine the zucchini, tomatoes, ricotta, basil and Yondu. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Press and mold one pie crust into the bottom and sides of a standard pie plate (approximately 9-inch).
4. Spread the vegetable and cheese mixture evenly over the crust.
5. Cover the second crust over the filling and press to make sure the filling is even and compact. Trim the excess crust and crimp along to seal together. Brush the surface with some olive oil and cut slits to allow steam to release while baking.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.