Yondu Fried RiceYondu's umami enhances (but doesn't mask) the natural taste of any vegetables you have lying around, guaranteed!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup asparagus, 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom cut in big chunks
- 1/3 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup kale, roughly torn
- ½ cup snow peas, halved
- 2 tablespoon Yondu, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
1. In a large pan over medium heat add olive oil, asparagus, mushrooms and carrot; saute for 5 minutes. Add kale and snow peas and 1 Tbsp Yondu; cook for 1 more minute.
2. Add cooked rice, mix to combine and cook for 1 more minute (with minimal stirring)
3. Add remaining Yondu, remove pan from heat and mix well to incorporate.
Use this gremolata to dress other vegetables like steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots or artichokes.