Wild Mushroom PastaYondu complements the umami flavor of mushrooms and mingles with pasta water for a light and flavorful sauce!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons Yondu
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1 cup pasta water.
2. In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan or the mushrooms won’t brown. Cook in batches if necessary, adding more oil to pan as needed. Remove mushrooms to a plate; set aside.
2. In the same pan over medium heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add cooked pasta, mushrooms and Yondu; toss well. Add reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time if it looks too dry.
3. Garnish with chives.