Warm Salad with Roasted TomatoAn all-purpose marinade to boost flavor without overpowering
- 6 small tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 1 small head of garlic
- 1 frisee lettuce, cut into big chunks
- ¼ cup almonds, roasted unsalted
- 8 Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Yondu
1. Preheat oven to 400 ºF. Place entire unpeeled tomatoes, shallots and garlic head on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes.
2. In the meantime, make the vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, vinegar and Yondu. Roughly chop almonds and reserve.
3. In a big bowl combine frisee with olives and almonds. Add roasted tomatoes, onion and garlic to the bowl. (Squeeze and use your hands to remove all the skin/peel)
4. Season with vinaigrette and toss all together thoroughly. Serve while still warm with a sprinkle of black pepper on top.