Vegetarian ChiliYondu adds depth of flavor to this quick-cooking chili.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño
- 2 (15oz) cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup lentils
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons Yondu
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onions, bell peppers and celery until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add oregano, cumin, chili powder, bay leaf, and jalapeño; cook about 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, 1-1/2 cups water, lentils, black beans and Yondu; bring to a boil. Simmer until lentils are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Garnish with dollop of Greek yogurt, jalapeños or scallions.