Tofu Stir Fry with Ground WalnutsSavory Yondu and walnuts mimic ground pork in this plant-based stir fry.
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided in half
- 14oz firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 3oz mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sliced red bell peppers
- 2 heads baby bok choy, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, white part only sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresno chili
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Yondu
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large pan over high heat. Sear tofu until golden brown on all sides about, 3 minutes. Transfer tofu to a plate with paper towel; set aside.
2. In same pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; saute until lightly seared, about 2 minutes. Stir in bok choy. Push veggies to one side of the pan.
3. To prepare sauce, add oil on the empty side and combine ginger, garlic, scallion, and fresno, cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add walnuts; mix everything together. Add 1 cup water and Yondu; bring up to a boil.
4. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; add to vegetables, mix well. Add tofu; toss gently with sauce and vegetables.
Serve over steamed rice.