Pasta alla NormaAn extra oomph to the Italian classic, powered by Yondu!
- 3 cups diced eggplant, ½ inch pieces (one 8 oz. eggplant)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 can diced tomato (14.5 oz)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 oz. penne pasta
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. Yondu
- Fresh basil leaves, slightly chopped.
1. In a pot over high heat, combine olive oil and eggplant and saute for 5 minutes until eggplant is slightly brown.
2. Add garlic and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
3. Add tomato and oregano and stir fry for 5 more minutes over medium heat.
4. Add pasta, water and Yondu and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Keep stirring from time to time, making sure that the pasta is always evenly covered in the sauce.
5. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve sprinkled with basil on top
It is important to let everything rest after cooking, so the pasta can absorb all the liquid and finish cooking.