One-pot Spring PastaAn effortless delicious pasta to celebrate the bounty of spring
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms cut into big pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ¾ cup coconut milk (1/2 can)
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. Yondu
- 4 oz. no-cook dried lasagna sheets
- 7 oz. broccolini, stems cut
- 8 asparagus, cut into large pieces, fibrous part discarded
- Freshly crushed black pepper to taste
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat combine olive oil, mushrooms and tomatoes. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes until mushrooms are lightly browned and tomatoes start to shrink.
2. Add water, coconut milk and Yondu. Once boiling, add lasagna sheets by breaking them into large pieces with your hands. Then add broccoli and asparagus and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir every few minutes to make sure pasta cooks evenly.
3. Once pasta is cooked, turn off the heat and let rest for a few minutes. Before serving, stir well and add freshly crushed black pepper on top.
This recipe also works great with spaghetti or penne. You can also add spinach, scallions, snow peas or green peas if you want. For a non-vegan version, substitute the coconut milk for heavy cream.