Spaghetti Aglio Olio with MushroomsYondu complements the umami flavor of mushrooms and mingles with pasta water for a light and flavorful sauce!
- 8 oz spaghetti (half of a 1 lb package)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups assorted mushrooms (baby bellas, shiitake, oyster, etc.), chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Yondu
- fresh chopped parsley
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1 cup pasta water.
2. In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan or the mushrooms won’t brown. Cook in batches if necessary, adding more oil to pan as needed. Remove mushrooms to a plate; set aside.
2. In the same pan over medium heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add cooked pasta, mushrooms and Yondu; toss well. Add reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time if it looks too dry.
3. Garnish with parsley.