Maple Balsamic Brussels SproutsThis sweet & tangy sauce elevates Brussels sprouts in a jiffy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 5 cups halved brussels sprouts (about 1lb)
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons Yondu
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add thyme and Brussels sprouts cut side down. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Combine balsamic, maple syrup and Yondu; add to pan with onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and sprouts are cooked through, another 5 minutes.
3. Remove to a serving bowl. Garnish with pecan pieces and pomegranate seeds.
Use this method instead of the oven to save on time.