Lentil Tacosplant-based and delicious enough to seduce any meat-lover; add chopped walnuts for a crunchy texture!
- 1 can lentils, drained (15 oz.)
- 1 small can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tomato, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced (divided)
- 1 lime (divided)
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. Yondu (divided)
- 8 white corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- The refrito:
- The salsa:
- The guac:
1. In a pan over medium heat combine lentils, tomato sauce, chili powder and 1 Tbsp. of Yondu. Cook for 2 minutes, crushing the lentils with a spoon to get a ground meat like appearance.
2. In a bowl combine tomato, half the chopped onion, juice from ½ lime, 1 tsp of Yondu and stir well. Add 1 Tbsp. of chopped cilantro and stir.
3. In a bowl combine the avocado, remaining onion, juice from ½ lime, and remaining 2 tsp. Yondu. Mash together for a quick guac.
Warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave and serve with refrito, guac and salsa. Sprinkle some fresh cilantro leaves on top.
Add ¼ cup chopped walnuts to the lentil refrito for an extra crunchy texture. Top the tacos with fresh chilies if you like it hot.