Greek Rice PilafA side that’ll taste rich and full with vegetable umami
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped (about 4 oz.)
- ¼ cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. Yondu
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
1. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onion and saute for 5 minutes until onions become translucent.
2. Add rice, pasta, water and Yondu. Stir and bring to boil over high heat. Once boiling, turn head down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes (covered).
3. Zest half a lemon over the pilaf and squeeze the juice evenly over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Notes/tips: Add a few drops of Yondu to taste when fluffing the pilaf for an additional boost of umami.