White Bean & Farro StewA comforting stew to keep you warm all winter.
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 8oz cremini mushrooms, quartered (makes about 3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 2 leeks, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 (15.5oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (8.8oz) farro
- 4 cups chopped chard
- 5 tablespoons Yondu
1. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add leeks; sauté until soft, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and rosemary; increase heat to medium-high and sauté until mushrooms begin to brown, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes sauce and beans; stir 1 minute. Add farro and 4 cups water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until farro is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Add chard and Yondu; stir until chard is just wilted, about 1 minute. Ladle into bowls, garnish with shavings of parmesan cheese, if desired.
When reheating, add more water and Yondu.