- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (red & green)
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 thyme sprig
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup rice
- 3 Tbsp. Yondu
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
1. In a large pot over high heat, combine olive oil, peppers, celery, onion, scallions, cherry tomatoes, thyme. Cook for ~5 min with minimal stirring, adding garlic in the last minute.
2. Add rice, Yondu and 4 c water. Cover pot and simmer for 15 mins.
3. Remove pot from heat, stir in black beans, and let rest 5 mins (covered) before serving.