Creamy Vegan Tomato SauceA vegan cream sauce made possible with cashews!
- 2 cans (14.5oz each) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons Yondu
- 16oz rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions
1. Using a strainer, drain tomatoes into a bowl by pressing with a wooden spoon; reserve juice, about 1-3/4 cups.
2. In a medium skillet, heat oil and garlic over medium until fragrant without browning garlic, about 5 minutes. Add drained tomatoes, increase heat; cook and stir about 5 minutes.
3. Add juice and cashews; simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Puree until smooth; stir in Yondu.
4. Toss with warm pasta, using pasta water to adjust consistency if necessary. Garnish with torn basil leaves.
Reserve pasta water and toss with sauce and pasta to adjust consistency.