Broccoli Rabe CrostiniYondu's flavor helps to tame the bitterness of this leafy green.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 (15oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Yondu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons Yondu
- 12 slices baguette, toasted
White Bean Spread:
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, chili flakes and white beans. Cook until fragrant and edges of garlic just begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl, add Yondu and lightly mash with a spoon; set aside.
2. In same skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add broccoli rabe and Yondu. Cook and stir until just wilted, about 5 minutes.
3. Spread a heaping tablespoon of white bean mix onto each of 12 breads. Top each with broccoli rabe, dividing evenly.
Garnish with lemon zest and olive oil if desired.