Hearty Turmeric Vegetable StewA satisfying soup for a cozy night on the couch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups water
- 6 tablespoons Yondu
- 1 (14-oz) can light coconut milk
- 4 cups diced potatoes, yams and carrots
- 1 (15-oz) can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped kale
1. In large pot over medium heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add onion, ginger, garlic and turmeric. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add water, Yondu and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Remove mixture to blender or food processor, whirl until smooth. Return to pot.
2. Add potatoes, yams, carrots and chickpeas. Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer. Cook under fork tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Before serving, stir in kale. Serve with lime wedge, if desired.
Other vegetables to consider: celery root, turnips, rutabaga